Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WEST BEACH, SUVLA BAY, GALLIPOLI

gallipolidigger

Hello everyone,

I couldn't find the details of the image below. Is it one of the Brooks photos taken during evacuation ?

Appreciate very much if anyone can share better quality one.. I really need that.. Thanks in advance

Murat...

image.jpeg.00d58b538cd1abe9e5eefb43c703e790.jpeg

3 hours ago, gallipolidigger said:

Hello everyone,

I couldn't find the details of the image below. Is it one of the Brooks photos taken during evacuation ?

Appreciate very much if anyone can share better quality one.. I really need that.. Thanks in advance

Murat...

image.jpeg.00d58b538cd1abe9e5eefb43c703e790.jpeg

Hi Murat. Apparently this photograph was taken the day after the Allied landing at Suvla Bay which occurred on 6th August 1915... this is the link to the article featuring the image https://today-in-wwi.tumblr.com/post/126070892108/allied-landing-at-suvla-bay

It might be one of Bartlett's in this case.. There's nothing in IWM archive related with this image. Also there's no certain source details in the link you shared.

Thank you for your kind interest..

Regards

It appeared in the newspaper The Sphere on 11 September 1915 and refers to the landings at Suvla (not the evacuation) see 6164169.JPG

Agree..taken before evacuation. I've "Uncensored Dardanelles" of Bartlett. Same image is in the book without specific info. 

I've never seen high  resolution of this photo in any archive donnow why ?

Thank you for the help.

Cheers