Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

An Actor-Soldier letters. A book by Henry Doughty 1926

PamJ

Good morning,

I am trying to locate a book -  An Actor-Soldier letters 1914-198 by Henry Doughty. His wife, Ida, published the book in 1926, after his death in 1922.

As they were connected to my family I would love to access/copy some details to put in a small booklet i am trying to put together about them, and wondered if anywone could assist please? 

• Admin

Welcome to the forum. A quick Google search brings up this, rather pricey!
https://www.abebooks.co.uk/Actor-Soldier-Extracts-letter-1914-1919-Doughty-Henry/14732895681/bd

Wow, the first photo I have seen of Mr Doughty, thankyou. His wife was a very interesting and wealthy lady who took in my grandma in 1905, even remembering her in her final will. The IWM don't have the time to help with my enquiry and I live too far away to visit unfortunately.

I am hoping to have a photo of her foreword signature and to be able to read some of the poetry. Are we allowed on this forum to send attachments?

I have attached a photo of Mrs Doughty, nee Walter, with my aunt, circa 1909

Mrs Doughty nee Walter.JPG

I had a copy up for sale on Amazon (£25) for eight years , i finally sold it a few weeks ago :(

27 minutes ago, Black Maria said:

I had a copy up for sale on Amazon (£25) for eight years , i finally sold it a few weeks ago :(

8 years! Blimey!

5 minutes ago, Dust Jacket Collector said:

8 years! Blimey!

Yes , just shows you what a niche market it is ... or how useless the Amazon search engine is :D