Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

1914-1918

Guest ricketts

Guest ricketts

i would like to know if any one could help my husband and i in finding out some information about a solder who served in WW1 maybe WW2 we not to sure if he served in that one it has came to our attention due to my father in law passing away a few weeks ago and my husband and i was going through some of his things and found some paper work what has been passed down and it was a christamas card with picture from Princess Mary in 1914 and a letter it looks like was for R M Ricketts from King George R J 1918 could any one give us some advise on were to go and follow up on these as i would like to collect as much as i could for my husband so he knows a little bit about his past in the letter it looks like he could have been a prisioner of war

thank you for taking the time to read this hope some one can help my

annette

Try a search for him on the medal index cards at the National Archive. Advice on how to link to this can be found under 'medal index cards' on this forum.

I've looked and I can't see any R M Ricketts but get in there have a poke around ... you might find some things which add up. The more info the better ... any other serial no. or tiny details which might mean something to people on the forum?

Any idea where this man was from? Any old badges or documentation in bottom drawers etc?

Best wishes

Des