Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Officer training notebook

7:29am

Hi,

I have a hand written book that belonged to a Lieutenant CALVERLEY GEORGE BEWICKE of the 1st Btn Welsh guards, and from what i can gather they are his notes from officer training.

The book includes wonderful hand drawn pictures of Lewis guns, grenades, Lee Enfield, and all of their components. It has sections on bombing, raiding, musketry, Signal de corps (which is great) as well as map reading aerial photo interp and different ranks duty. I could scan some bits if people are interested. And has anybody seen anything similar?

Cheers

Jim Royall.

I have never seen a hand written one - nice find.

I would be interested to see the material on air photo interpretation; thanks for offering to do this.

I have never seen a hand written one - nice find.

I would be interested to see the material on air photo interpretation; thanks for offering to do this.

Basically talks about when to order aerial photos, that they should be taken in the afternoon or morning when they cast shadows etc.. i shall post a few scans 2moro

Yes, my friend's grandfather's war collection came to light a few months ago after being in a cupboard for years. In it was his notebook from officer training and sounds very similiar to yours. He was an officer in the light horse and it also covers Australian army regulations, courts of enquiry and stuff.