Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Northern Pals on tour!

stephen binks

For those Pals living north of watford gap, anybody fancy jumping on the bandwagon for a weekend in Ypres?

I have a seven seater with five places available. Looking to go over early Friday morning and return Sunday late afternoon. I know accommodation may be an issue locally, but if you fancy sharing I can start looking.

So there is no confusion with Ians topic, please send me an email with your telephone number.

Cheers

stephen Binks

Pals

I'm northern and I'm also going to be in Ieper that weekend.

I'd enjoy meeting up with the "official" tour and others who might be around, if it can be fitted in to everyone's busy schedules.

My thanks to folk who responded in another thread to "what to do along the coast". I'm going to be taking up some of those suggestions so will not be in town until mid afternoon on Saturday. Will then be paying a visit to Tuileries cemetery to pay resepcts to a Cheshire from Stockport on the 90th aniversary of his death. Will be at the Menin Gate for the ceremony.

On Sunday, I'm going to be visiting Great Uncle Robert (see my signature) at Dadizele. Then around St Julian (6th Cheshires attack route on 31/7/17). Then up to Zonnebeke for the event that Kristof has advertised. Menin Gate again in the evening.

Chris - any chance you could co-ordinate a "meet". Also I've tried without success to find the old Forum logo (the one that went on the polo shirts). I was going to print it off as a car sticker for recognition purposes. Any thoughts?

John

Hey all,

As far as I am concerned you are welcome to call in at our place to meet with the pals staying here. However, I hope you realise that the pals will only be on the farm at breakfast time or in the evening hours. On Friday they will be eating in Ypres ( in Vivaldi I believe) and on Saturday a meal has been booked in Zonnebeke (restaurant D'Akkerwinde). I must say that I won't be at home myself on Friday evening and on Saturday afternoon. On the Friday we are invited to the opening of the museum and on the Saturday, I will be helping in the tent on the castle ground.

Don't forget to book your place for those who would like to attend the colloquium on gas on the Saturday afternoon and the concert in the evening. I am sure that for those who would like to join for a meal in Zonnebeke (in between the colloquium and the concert) an extra table can be booked.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me off forum. I am more than happy to provide you with an answer.

See you soon!

Charlotte

:) Will also be in Zonnebeke 22 - 25 April.

Will be part of the crew bringing a joint exhibition from Ireland to the 1917 Museum @ Zonnebeke. Exhibitions will be on loan for six months from the Royal Irish Fusiliers Museum and Royal Dublin Fusiliers Assoc.

Will be interested to hear any comments from members.

Is there any up-to-date news about delays on the Dover-Calais ferry route?

The P & O site seems to imply that everything is back to normal, yet the Port of Dover site indicates that there are still delays.

John