Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

I know this is RA but is it GW or b4? This a simple box with cover no hinge

RICHARD1959

Richard,

I’m sorry I can’t help with your latest querie though I do have a couple of thoughts.

Firstly, you, as a self proclaimed matchbox cover collector, I wonder why there is little or no evidence that you try to research any of your collection for yourself. In your recent matchbox threads you appear to fail to recognise a couple of the ‘main players’ in WW1 featured in your collection, the most basic research would have revealed their identities. 
Secondly,  I can’t understand why you post items that are considerably out of this forums timeline, most recently the Queens coronation souvenir which clearly shows the date 1953.   I may have misunderstood but trying to connect the crown she wears on an item produced 35 yrs after the war is stretching links beyond the extreme.                  Finally, and I hope I am wrong and not doing you a disservice, why have you been questioned before about an item/items that appear on a popular auction site.

If I am proven incorrect I will happily hold my hands up and say so on the forum. My suspicions were raised because another member who continually seeks information to boost the price of WW1 items he sells through his “business” ( he admitted on a post, since removed) though  NEVER offers any fellow members advice on their items despite the immense knowledge he has accumulated via the goodwill of members of this forum , I suspect he is using this knowledge  to enhance the value of the items he sells, I hope you aren’t another one.

Simon

It’s difficult to date as the badge has been in use for many years. You don’t give any dimensions for the item pictured, so it’s only a guess - a tobacco tin or a soap dish if it has a internal board. 

I’m sure you would love to post a photo of your WW1 collection for members to peruse. You could then tell members how your gained your knowledge about your items.

My previous post is not based on “clever”, it’s more a suspicion I have. Are you familiar with a trader called libertinealley? They appear to sell matchbox covers, you may be able add to your collection.

Simon