Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Goerz berlin binocular

Zeev Talmor

Hello. I have a Goerz Berlin binocular serial no 282868. 

I am looking for the history of this binocular. Who won it and were it was served. 

If anyone can assist. I will be very appreciate. 

Zeev Talmor 

FB_IMG_1642579153551.jpg

FB_IMG_1642579162119.jpg

The serial number dates them to 1914. If military they should carry various markings, including 'K', which is Spandau acceptance mark.  I have a pair marked U.F. for non commissioned officers (Unteroffiziere).  It is odd that they do not have built in strap loops, which should be evident in your first photo.

Mike.

Edited by MikeyH

Zeev,

It would not be possible to find out who these were originally owned by or issued to.

Mike.

6 hours ago, Zeev Talmor said:

Are there any historical records? 

As far as I am aware, the only surviving record it the estimated list of Goerz Berlin productiom numbers. This from 1891 to 1928.

Mike.

3 hours ago, Zeev Talmor said:

Do you know anyone who can help with this issue, please send it to other members. 

Zeev 

Zeev,

This thread can already be viewed by all G.W.F. members.  Have you checked out the Goerz PDF, this can be viewed on Google, try entering  Goerz binocular serial numbers, this should take you to www.binoculars-cinecollectors.com  this is a comprehensive overview of the company history and products.  I am afraid you will not be able to find anything on the history of your particular pair.

Happy New Year!

Mike.

Edited by MikeyH