Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

villers-bretonneux

KIRKY

On our annual trip to the Somme we want to visit the above area.

Any hints as to where we can walk the fields where battles took place?

Tony

• Admin

Around V-B I saw  signposts with numbers on them, which I imagine are part of walks around the battlefields. Perhaps the Sir John Monash centre will have a guide? 

2 hours ago, Michelle Young said:

Around V-B I saw  signposts with numbers on them, which I imagine are part of walks around the battlefields. Perhaps the Sir John Monash centre will have a guide? 

Thanks for that.

Tony

If you have an interest in the German 1918 Spring Offensive, then a visit to Moreuil Wood is easily achievable. The site of the VC action involving the Canadian Cavalry Brigade.

We traced the route the Brigade took during the retreat (from Montdidier) onwards, this will take you through Rouvrel, where you can visit the grave of the Master of Belhaven, through Castel and onwards to Moreuil Wood itself. All easily accessible and good panoramic views of the surrounding area towards V-B and Amiens.
T

ps
2 very good cake shops in Montdidier!

14 hours ago, caulkheader said:

If you have an interest in the German 1918 Spring Offensive, then a visit to Moreuil Wood is easily achievable. The site of the VC action involving the Canadian Cavalry Brigade.

We traced the route the Brigade took during the retreat (from Montdidier) onwards, this will take you through Rouvrel, where you can visit the grave of the Master of Belhaven, through Castel and onwards to Moreuil Wood itself. All easily accessible and good panoramic views of the surrounding area towards V-B and Amiens.
T

ps
2 very good cake shops in Montdidier!

Thanks will check this out especially the cake shop!!

Tony

• Admin

There’s a very good boulangerie in VB too. Excellent eight grain baguettes. 

What makes you think we like our food !!

Tony:D