Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Any chance of an approx time frame based on a limited section of a uniform?!

steve fuller

Long shot but can any uniform experts come up with a year this portrait may have been taken?

warner5.jpg

Edited by steve fuller

3 hours ago, steve fuller said:

Long shot but can any uniform experts come up with a year this portrait may have been taken?

warner5.jpg

Only that it’s after 1902 and from the centre parting to the hair probably pre-WW1.  I can’t quite make out if there are shoulder cords, from pre-1905, or shoulder straps, from post-1905.

30 minutes ago, FROGSMILE said:

Only that it’s after 1902 and from the centre parting to the hair probably pre-WW1.  I can’t quite make out if there are shoulder cords, from pre-1905, or shoulder straps, from post-1905.

He was a pre war regular 1903-1910 then a reservist, went to France with the 1st BEF and was killed May 1915, so I cant help narrow that down any further as I have never known if it was taken during late 1914 leave or his time in the regulars. Have not come across another image of him despite looking for >20 years so that's probably as far as this one will go.

Thanks Frogsmile, appreciate the input as ever.

18 minutes ago, steve fuller said:

He was a pre war regular 1903-1910 then a reservist, went to France with the 1st BEF and was killed May 1915, so I cant help narrow that down any further as I have never known if it was taken during late 1914 leave or his time in the regulars. Have not come across another image of him despite looking for >20 years so that's probably as far as this one will go.

Thanks Frogsmile, appreciate the input as ever.

My wager would be on his regular service between 1903 and 1910.