Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Menin Gate

Simon_Fielding

Is any digital-camera wielding Pal going anywhere near the Menin Gate in the near future?

I have a short list of Bewdley men listed on the memorial I'd really like to get a photo of.

They are:

Private William BOW 6th (Inniskilling) Dragoons attached “C” Squadron, 1st Life Guards b. Wrelesford Bewdley Worcs. e. Kidderminster (Bewdley) 4425 killed in action France and Flanders Friday 30th October 1914

Ypres (Menin Gate) Memorial, Ieper, West-Vlaandren, Belgium

Panel 5

Private James John HARRISON 8th Battalion Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers 41680 5/8/17

Panel 22

Private Horace Cecil POTTER 3rd Battalion Worcestershire Regiment b. Bewdley e. Worcester r. Bewdley 14972 k.i.a F&F 12/3/15

Panel 34

Lance Corporal Frank TOLLEY 3rd Battalion Worcestershire Regiment b. Wribbenhall e. Bewdley r. Bewdley 17261 k.i.a F&F 12/3/15

Panel 34

Hope this isn't too cheeky a request....not likely to get across in the near future!

Anything I can do in return.....(that's legal and decent!)

Cheers

Simon

Simon,

Will get you those as soon as possible. However bad luck for the Cavalry man. They are redoing the names and regiments of the impair panels to make them clearer. The Cavalry regiments are amongst them. Gues you will have to wait a few weeks.

Jacky

Jacky - thank you very very much indeed! You are a true gentleman and your excellent reputation is well founded!! :D

There is no real rush sometime over the summer would be fine - We have a new member of the family (daughter - 10 months) who is wonderful, but is limiting our travel at the minute!

I'd be very grateful for these names - thank you!!

Simon

Simon

I'll be in Ypres over the weekend of 5-6 July. I can try and get the photos as well. I'm new to digital photography so it will be another chance to experiment

Garth

Brilliant! Thanks. I'm just getting to grips with my digital - and it is fantastic. I think I've just scratched the surface of its potential...

Cheers

Simon

Simon,

At your service!!!. One remark. On you list Frank Tolley is listed as Lance Corporal. However on the Menin Gate he is commemorated as private. Congratulations with the new family member.

post-19-1056112201.jpg

Jacky.

To take up your offer- would it be possible to take photographs of:

Both on the Menin Gate

Lance Corporal John Winton 2 Bn East Yorks panel 21 and 31

Rifleman George Kilham4th Bn kings Royal Rifle Corps panal 51 and 53.

Thanks

Ali

This forum comes up trumps again! Thanks _so_ much Jacky!! Hugely helpful.

:D

Simon

Ali,

Here they come. As sayd in a previous posting I will gladly accept any demand to take photo's of soldiers on the Menin Gate. However I will not post them anymore on this forum but send it to a e mail adress. I think this is the best way because I suppose photo's are taking a lot of space.

Jacky

post-19-1056186335.jpg