Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

H.M.S. Vanguard, deaths

emam

He was born in England though, you would think a death would still have to be registered.  . Scotland only seems to cover those that lived there. Looks like I'm out of luck.

Thank you for replying. 

Seven years ago I ordered a death certificate for a London-born sailor who died in a hospital in Stranraer of pneumonia in 1918. Perhaps someone with a better understanding of the Scottish system of registering deaths can comment further.

I think I have found it. It's funny you can search and find nothing,  then as soon as you ask someone you find what you wanted. I will have to wait until tomorrow when a friend will look it up on FMP.

Results for British Armed Forces and Overseas Deaths 

Thomas

Robson

NAVY

Gro War Death Navy All Ranks Indices (1914 To 1921

@Keith_history_buffmy friend got me the document. It's the GRO registers for naval deaths. I doubt that the death certificate will say anymore, I have had a couple before from France. It's really just the reference I wanted in case anyone in the future wants it. Thanks again.

BMD_OVS_NAVY_000309.jpg

I've never seen one of these indexes before, thanks for sharing. 

I did order a soldier's death certificate from Scotland's people once, but it was not particularly enlightening, and I think I threw it in the bin.