Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1921 Scotland Census available tomorrow!

rolt968

I have received an email from scotlandspeople:

"On the night of 19 June 1921 every household in Scotland was asked to fill in the census. The personal information they shared has been kept confidential for more than 100 years.

From 9 a.m. on 30 November 2022 the 1921 census will be opened for the first time and made available on the ScotlandsPeople website and ScotlandsPeople Centres."

RM

An interesting thought: St Andrews Day is a public holiday. Will the centres be open?

Hi

About time, hopefully I can find what I am after.

I would think it would be only online for that day??

regards

Robert

1 minute ago, rksimpson said:

Hi

About time, hopefully I can find what I am after.

I would think it would be only online for that day??

regards

Robert

In theory it should be online from tomorrow. I have a nasty feeling that the system may be slow at the best. They upgaded the system last week so I hope it will be resiliant. I have some other work to do on scotlandspople in the next few days so I hope it isn't running slow (or worse).

6 hours ago, rolt968 said:

An interesting thought: St Andrews Day is a public holiday. Will the centres be open?

Apparently so Rolt.  The ScotlandsPeople Centre website explains they have chosen this year's Public Holidays and their list reveals they have excluded the Patron Saint's Day. 

("Christmas Day holiday - Monday 26 December 2022, Boxing Day holiday - Tuesday 27 December 2022, New Year's Day holiday - Monday 2 January 2023, New Year's Day holiday - Tuesday 3 January 2023")

Last week's upgrade seems to have come with an awful lot of bugs that are still being worked through. At least you can now filter down to individual registration districts again, a couple of days ago it was only working down to the county level, no matter what you selected at the registration district level. Want to quickly change the county and registration district by selecting from the appropriate dropdown boxes and selecting update results? Nope, that still wasn't working this morning, the only alternative is to select a new search and renter all the information again. Still, it is nice to have mother's maiden name, where recorded, available on all birth registrations up to 1920, it certainly makes for easy identification of family groupings.

Given that every person and their dog will probably be on the ScotlandsPeople website at 9:00 am tomorrow morning, I think I'll leave things for a week or two to let the crowds die down before I go chasing my family in the 1921 census.

Edited by Tawhiri

8 hours ago, Tawhiri said:

Last week's upgrade .........

Top tips.  Many thanks.  I'll wait too.

Edited by TullochArd

I have been waiting so long that I will have to look up my notes to see what I was looking for! I will probably wait.

The 1921 records are super clear and in colour.

A fantastic new resource. Already looked up my grandparents.

Derek.