Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

French Military Medal Medaille Militaire. Pte E Parish 12409 6th Bedfords

Raster Scanning

I Have in my collection the 1914/15 Star Trio awarded to Pte. Ernest Parish 12409 6th Battalion Bedfordshire Regiment. Also it appears he was awarded the French Medaille Militaire III.  

I am researching this man and having no luck as to even where he was from in the UK. However can someone tell me if there is a roll for this French award and any other research resource for it.

Thank you

$_12-1.JPG

$_12-2.JPG

Sorry for inconvenience, I should have searched the forum first. I have found some useful hints from previous questions.

The London gazette is a good place to start 

Royal Marine Artillery (anti-aircraft brigade). Service papers at TNA. If you register can be downloaded for free. Came from Saffron Walden in Essex,, born 16th November 1881, but lived in Hendon. Papers refer to the Croix, awarded with Bronze Medal. Also Mentioned in Despatches (Ancestry). Medals "S.U." (or "S.A.") Medal in 1904, Croix de Guerre, 1914 Star, Good Conduct and Long Service and must have received the BWM and VM but suspect he changed number somewhere.

Thank you all for your help. Much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

He appeared in a War Office casualty list published 24 September 1918 which stated that he was from, or his next of kin were from, Watford.

Image of the list via findmypast 

Parish, Ernest, 12409 Bed. R., Cas. List, 24.9.1918.JPG

Harry, thank you very much that is brilliant.