Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Fold3 website and soldiers documents - seems to be a flaw?

DuncanBro

I've been using Fold3 for a few years to get soldiers MICs,  pension cards and service files. I've noticed twice this month though that some dealers have listed medals for sale with service files that don't appear when I do a search on Fold3 - just regular Privates in normal British infantry regiments. Their records have been there, but not the records shown listed for sale with the medals. I've searched on all their previous service numbers if they've moved Regiments, previous Regiments, and name variations.

I was wondering if Fold3 was only listing part of soldiers service files and were missing pages. Or are there other records that Fold3 dont have? Anyone else come across this? Also, any sites were I can get everything e.g. pension records, service files, medal rolls and SWB rolls all on one site?

I feel like I've had a similar issue where the search engine just doesn't find what you're looking for but the documents are there somewhere

There are service & pension records on Find My Past that Ancestry/Fold3 don't seem to have and vice versa. It may be poor indexing.

TEW

Thanks both, I'll try Find My Past when Fold3 subscription ends. 

The last example was a full medical report from the guys service file yet Fold3 only had his MIC listed. There were no alternative service numbers to try and a straight forward name too.

Also noticed a lot of service files are too faint to read too, not sure that would be any better on other sites though.