Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Looking for Saxon RIR 245 Unit history

Sturmmann1918

Hello, I was wondering if anyone held a copy of the unit history of Saxon Reserve infantry regiment 245. The book is not digitalized so it can not be viewed online. I am curious about its entries from October 28th- November 11th. My relative fought against them, was wounded and captured.  I was looking to see if it has any mention of capturing American soldiers as the IR 183 and IR 192 do. Thanks!

Alexander

Hi,

the Württembergische Landesbibliothek in Stuttgart has a volume. As the library is one of the most active in digitizing regimental histories, I suggest you write them and ask when it is due or if they can digitize it.

Best, GreyC

21 hours ago, GreyC said:

Hi,

the Württembergische Landesbibliothek in Stuttgart has a volume. As the library is one of the most active in digitizing regimental histories, I suggest you write them and ask when it is due or if they can digitize it.

Best, GreyC

Thanks for your help GreyC! 

BTW: I have it if it doens't get digitized...

On 11/11/2022 at 11:51, AOK4 said:

BTW: I have it if it doens't get digitized...

Hey AOK4, Thanks for your offer, I would appreciate it if you could share The pages with October- Nov 11 with me as I haven’t gotten ahold of it still. It’s for a missing in action report for An American soldier who was wounded and captured by them, his remains never recovered. Thank you! 

Good evening
Would you have a passage on the front of Loos whose period which I estimate is September/October 1916?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Kind regards

michel