Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Rifleman L. A. Frost - Queen's Westminsters

Hugh Pattenden

Hi,

I've been researching the following man for a while now, but unforunately haven't found out much. Does anyone have any info/know where to find any info on him?

551149, Rifleman Leonard Arthur Frost, 2/16th (County of London) Battalion, London Regiment (T.F.) (Queen's Westminster Rifles).

Many thanks,

Hugh.

Hugh

I can give you some family background from the census, etc., in case you didn’t have any.

In 1901, Leonard Arthur Frost lived with his family at “Thorneycroft”, Malden Road, Colchester. The family consisted of parents Arthur Thomas Frost (40, b. Mile End) who was an Insurance Clerk, wife Helen Frost (31, b. Norwich), and children Leonard Arthur Frost (8), Dorothy Maria Frost (5) and Percy Causton Frost. (2). The children were all born in Colchester.

Arthur Frost married Helen Causton in Q2/1891 In Yarmouth, Vol. 4b, Page 25.

I can’t find an entry for the birth of Leonard Arthur, but the birth of Dorothy Maria was registered in Colchester in Q2/1985, Vol 4a, Page 626 and that of Percy Causton Frost was registered in Colchester in Q1/1899, Vol 4a, Page 717.

That would be 1895 for Dorothy's DOB, I think!

Steve.

That would be 1895 for Dorothy's DOB, I think!

Doh !!!! :P

Thanks Stephen.

He went to Colchester Royal Grammar School at one point in time so it makes sense him living there in 1901.

Hugh.