Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Bolton Tonge Cemetery

ralphjd

My friend - again  - has upon his database a soldier 32992 Pte Harry Hamer Plymouth Batt RMLI buried within this cemetery and would seek a photo of the headstone, Mick of the British War Graves Photographic Project has this cemetery on his database but Hamer is not listed, so am presuming he has a family headstone , was declared insane and died Rochdale 10 4 1922. Now having made a telephone call to said cemetery Paul was informed that all enquiries to be made at  Deceased Online for a fee of £5 per view, asked if she had the details there was referred back to the Deceased Online site, words fail me as to this type of response , go to the office at Rochdale and the lass there opens up a bloody great safe extracts a bloody great ledger and tells exactly where the burial plot for the person you are researching, no fee, no charge just  your welcome do call again. What next a charge to have a wander around the gravestones. Pathetic. Bolton Council if it is they that are responsible for the burial ground should be ashamed of themselves. Ralph

Nothing on TWGPP, there is a listing on Find-a-Grave but no photo. Bear in mind that it may be an unmarked plot with no headstone.

Thanks mate, well aware of what you have to say appreciate the input, my grief is the very poor reaction of the staff member at this cemetery, no help whatsoever.