Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lodge St.Bryde 579 Uddingston- The Great War

Sjack91

Good afternoon,

This is more a thank you than a plug. Over the last 8 years the help from countless Pals on this forum has been invaluable in my research. I cannot thank everyone enough for the help that they have gave me and also the encouragement to put my research into a book/ a series of articles. It has been hard work at times but something that I have really enjoyed doing. It was also something that I started to keep my mind in a safe place when I was needing something to fill a void. It then became an obsession in some way that I think anyone who has done some research will understand.  I am happy to say that my goal to have something in place that future generations from my village may use as a resource has been achieved more than I could ever have imagined. 

Thank you to everyone.

Stuart923745A2-88CF-483E-B259-9378572660A6.jpeg.93e9be422bd6b6082ece44ffd484028a.jpeg

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the feedback and advice it is very much appreciated. 

The book as about men from the village who were also Freemasons and members of the local lodge, St.Bryde 579. In total 88 men have been discovered who were members of the Lodge of which 6 never returned home. 

I had the launch last night and sold out of the first run of copies. 

Stuart

On 24/10/2022 at 14:12, Sjack91 said:

Good afternoon,

This is more a thank you than a plug. Over the last 8 years the help from countless Pals on this forum has been invaluable in my research. I cannot thank everyone enough for the help that they have gave me and also the encouragement to put my research into a book/ a series of articles. It has been hard work at times but something that I have really enjoyed doing. It was also something that I started to keep my mind in a safe place when I was needing something to fill a void. It then became an obsession in some way that I think anyone who has done some research will understand.  I am happy to say that my goal to have something in place that future generations from my village may use as a resource has been achieved more than I could ever have imagined. 

Thank you to everyone.

Stuart923745A2-88CF-483E-B259-9378572660A6.jpeg.93e9be422bd6b6082ece44ffd484028a.jpeg

Very well done.

I know from experience that this kind of research can be by turns moving, fascinating, frustrating and requires a great deal of patience.

RM

• 2 months later...

Hi Stuart.... please say 'yes' to this question.... are you actively considering a reprint? 

I am actively researching all of the freemasons who fell in the Great War and who came from Norfolk lodges.  A bit of a task but slowly I shall get there.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Yes I have a reprint. Send me a private message, it would be good to have a chat about how you are getting on. 

Stuart