Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WANTED = KELSAL GREEN (ALL SOULS), Kensington, London W10

Matlock1418

Seeking a photo of grave and private grave headstone/monument & inscription(s):

Lt Col. Algernon Henry DUMARESQ, Royal Engineers, died 31 May 1917

Believed to be in Plot 43 [See plan below]  Possibly grave 44590 . Unknown row so if you could also identitfy that then it would also be much appreciated - Believed to be a family grave.

image.png.3748cb6a1a9e7a2605999dfcdf669edc.png

Image from https://www.cwgc.org/visit-us/find-cemeteries-memorials/cemetery-details/2043517/kensal-green-all-souls-cemetery

Location and transport https://www.kensalgreen.co.uk/location.php

Hope someone can please help

M

For your info on access:

https://www.kensalgreencemetery.com

Cemetery Opening times:

Greenwich Mean Time (from the date the clocks go back):

• Monday – Saturday 9am – 5pm
  • Sunday 10am – 5pm
  • Bank Holidays 10am – 1.30pm

British Summer Time (from the date the clocks go forward):

• Monday – Saturday 9am – 6pm
  • Sunday 10am – 6pm
  • Bank Holidays 10am – 1.30pm

Weather conditions – if strong winds between 45-55mph or higher are predicted, the cemetery will close without notice.  Pre-booked funerals may be permitted.

Please make sure you leave enough time for your visit as gates are locked at the times stated above.

The Cemetery opening times above are for the West Gate opposite Hazel Road. The East Gate, for pedestrian access only (near Ladbroke Grove) is locked at 4.30pm during the week and at the times stated above at weekends and on Bank Holidays.

Edited by Matlock1418
add cemetery plan

• Matlock1418 changed the title to WANTED = KELSAL GREEN (ALL SOULS), Kensington, London W10
  • 5 weeks later...

Just a small 'bump' in the hope that it helps catch someone's eye.

In hope ...

M

15 hours ago, Matlock1418 said:

Just a small 'bump' in the hope that it helps catch someone's eye.

In hope ...

M

"Myrtle" on this forum was able to get me many photographs as I believe that she lived near Kensal Green Cemetery and was a regular visitor there. Her health may be an issue but I am sure that if she can, she will. Worth dropping her a message.

28 minutes ago, Jim Strawbridge said:

"Myrtle" on this forum was able to get me many photographs as I believe that she lived near Kensal Green Cemetery and was a regular visitor there. Her health may be an issue but I am sure that if she can, she will. Worth dropping her a message.

Thanks Jim.

M

Edit: sent a PM to @Myrtle ... In hope.

Edited by Matlock1418
edit

22 hours ago, Myrtle said:

Jim 

I have communicated with Matlock. How’s the book going ? 

Hello Myrtle, Nice to hear from you and that you are still firing on all cylinders. The book is like pushing a stone up a hill using ones nose. It seems never ending. But the good news is that I have reached the S's in the French female casualties. I knew that the French would be hard work as so many of the nurses were nuns, names changed from their birth names and many probably just died of old age rather than through the causes of the War. The next big gathering will be the German female casualties. Anyway, I am pleased that you are still functioning on here and elsewhere. Kind regards, Jim

Hello Jim

You have set yourself an incredible task. Sounds like your research could be published in a number of volumes. Look forward to seeing it in print soon.  
Good luck with it 

Kind regards

Maggie (Myrtle)