Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Burst Sausage War Charm ! Any ideas

arantxa

gg.jpg.65ac4baaecc38d18cf7d7a23132b3c83.jpgim guessing this is ww1 but cant find anything on it its a little bit l;like the red cross Zeppelin ones 

I did put this in other ww1 chat but always find this section is fir thinking out side the box 

could this be connected to Zeppelin's any idea would be appreciated as I can’t find anything about it 4CB3CC52-A9D3-47A0-922D-F1F93B301006.jpeg.92b0431fde93a72c79255dc73c9d5a01.jpeg 

6DDA20EC-37AC-402D-8F16-D54C6B8B8817.jpeg

I saw your other post and still can't make out what the marking on top is.  Can't even read the verse on this version of the photo.

I would have thought it was just a particularly poorly conceived attempt by someone to cash in on a market of those wishing to demonstrate anti-German sentiment based on the alleged liking of that nation for sausages, combined with allusions to burst pride.  Burst pride = burst sausage.  Brilliant.  But take away the jingoistic verse on the card and what do you have left?  No context, just a tiny phallus.  Or a slug.  Who other than Baldrick would want to sport that for goodness sake?  Or give it to their girlfriend?  Especially if she found out it only cost ninepence!  

Definitely a Wurst case scenario!

Very good apt reply

Thank you 

it says at the top Burst Sausage War Charm and the rhyme at the bottom doesn’t rhyme ! 
The sausage was a proud one 

The outside full of swank and bluster

But it won’t be the allies fault

If they don’t smash and Dust eh 

I will take a better picture 

Yes.  Sorry Martin I should have gone to Spec Savers 

Mate,

Of course that's where the term "Banger" came from, due to the over leaden sausage with fat instead of meat.

But its got me beat what 's going on here?

S.B

So the emblem is sort of in the German WW1 era colours, but in the wrong order.

It's quite bizarre.  No wonder it didn't sell!

Anyway, I'd say it was definitely WW1.  A curiosity.