Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ancestry British Armed Forces WW1 Soldiers Medical Records

Raster Scanning

I am going over some previous research regarding Pte. 14306 William Hill 7th Bedfordshire Regiment. I have noted in his file there is a reference to him in the above records. I have noted it lists he was admitted to Number 11 CCS on 28-9-1916 and left 17-10-1916, GSW to chest. 

Try as I might I cannot find an access link on ancestry for these records and wondered if they are no longer accessible. Have I missed something, can anyone help with a link please?

Thank you

30 minutes ago, Raster Scanning said:

I am going over some previous research regarding Pte. 14306 William Hill 7th Bedfordshire Regiment. I have noted in his file there is a reference to him in the above records. I have noted it lists he was admitted to Number 11 CCS on 28-9-1916 and left 17-10-1916, GSW to chest. 

Try as I might I cannot find an access link on ancestry for these records and wondered if they are no longer accessible. Have I missed something, can anyone help with a link please?

Thank you

There you go mate this is his file

S2_GBM_MH106_MH106-446_0008.jpg

*** a senior moment, I have both subscriptions but really thought it was ancestry. Thank you both for your prompt reply :-)

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/09/2022 at 10:07, tankie said:

There you go mate this is his file

Tankie et al ...

It seems many have access to FMP whch I do not - Quick enquiry please:

= Do these records go so far forward in any A&D book so as to show a fly-leaf with the codes for the conditions described? [See the heading to the column marked DISEASES]

M

There is a fly-leaf note regarding wound classification using a Roman numeral system with sub groups. As far as I recall ailments are a different matter. Some books use these while others just opt for GSW.

Ailments can have number codes EG. PUO 34 and at present I believe they were added by or had to be included for the Medical Research Committe.

There is another topic on the go regarding these but so far there's no list of the ailment codes which run to at least 1100 ish.

TEW

Just now, TEW said:

There is a fly-leaf note regarding wound classification using a Roman numeral system with sub groups. As far as I recall ailments are a different matter. Some books use these while others just opt for GSW.

Ailments can have number codes EG. PUO 34 and at present I believe they were added by or had to be included for the Medical Research Committe.

There is another topic on the go regarding these but so far there's no list of the ailment codes which run to at least 1100 ish.

Thanks - I am aware of the other thread and just casting about for a potential offering for that thread.

M

• Admin
21 minutes ago, Matlock1418 said:

Tankie et al ...

It seems many have access to FMP whch I do not - Quick enquiry please:

= Do these records go so far forward in any A&D book so as to show a fly-leaf with the codes for the conditions described? [See the heading to the column marked DISEASES]

M

Previously posted, as pasted in the Admission Register flyleaf no mention of Disease. In the example above they don't use the code it seems a lot simpler to say e.g. 'GSW (or -) Chest' than 'IV(4)' or was it '2'(?) Unless the person making the entry knows the code.

Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 16.55.30.png

1 hour ago, Matlock1418 said:

Thanks - I am aware of the other thread and just casting about for a potential offering for that thread.

M

Can you link to the thread, please?

Craig

29 minutes ago, ss002d6252 said:

Can you link to the thread, please?

Happy to oblige

Thanks for that earlier list.

Seen that wounds list before, and it is mentioned in the other thread, via yet another thread - it's the other numbers used in the other thread's Hospital A & D book that are puzzling e.g. 499

The suggestion from @TEW , there also, is that they were added by the Medical Research Committe for their statistical work - but we don't have that list.

M