Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Did the USA loan or sell liberty trucks to Britain?

RICHARD1959

Never used by the British. The Liberty B only started arriving in France in October 1918 by which time the British WD had plenty of their own MT. The AEF were so short of their own trucks that they were buying British trucks. Many Liberty B's were sold off in in the UK at the end of the war and also in France to find civilian drivers. A great truck to drive, although the foot throttle takes some getting used to as you push it sideways with the edge of your foot.

IMG_8595.JPG

• 9 months later...
4 hours ago, DarrowJacobs said:

When it comes to those Liberty trucks, the USA was all like, "Hey Britain, we got your back!" They actually loaned 'em to Britain during World War I. It was like a lending program to support the war effort, ya know? The UK needed those trucks for transportation and logistics, and Uncle Sam delivered.

Did you actually read the post above?

Grovetown,

I feel you are forgetting that John Wayne won both wars single handedly despite turning up late for both!

I hope DarrowJacobs reveals his source, or is he taking the P155?

Simon

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, DarrowJacobs said:

By the way, if you're lookin' for a reliable Mortgage Broker in Warrington, check out their website. They're like the gurus of mortgages in that area. They've got all the deets on finding the right mortgage for your pad in Warrington. So, whether it's historical truck loans or current mortgage needs, we got you covered! Cheers!

Ah, so you are actually selling loans and mortgages. That would explain your completely absurd non-sensical post previously.

• Admin

The member has been removed as a spammer.