Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

L&NW Railway Roll of Honour request

clive_hughes

Hello,

One of the casualties I'm researching was prior to enlistment a Porter / Shunter on the staff of the London & North-Western Railway in the Leamington Area, Warwickshire.  

Clifford Roberts, 14 Church Street, Leamington, Warwicks. , Parcel porter.  Enlisted Dec. 1915 aged 18, Army Reserve Class B.  Mobilised Apl. 1917 aged 19 and described variously as Porter or Shunter.  He came from Anglesey.

After serving short spells in France with 1st Bn. R.Warwicks and later 2/6th Bn., he died of illness in Dover Military Hospital on 31.10.18.  

Is there a L&NWR Book of Honour or similar in which he might be commemorated, please?

Clive

Thanks for that response Alan,

It gives me further avenues to check out with regards to this casualty.

All the best,

Clive 

Yes, Clive - he's in.  PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a photo of the page.

Very kind of you John,

I'll PM you tout suite!

Clive

The London and North Western Railway Society have a large archive and will be able to advise on records elsewhere. 

WS,

I sort of noted their existence in passing, but may well look into this.  For one thing, aside from WW1 servicemen, my maternal grandfather was employed by the L&NWR prior to his death in the mid-1920s.  I began life in a "railway house" in consequence!

Thank you,

Clive