The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Fuel prices

Don Regiano

If you are about to visit France:

6 July price for unleaded in Kent = £1.939 a litre

7 July price for unleaded at Leclerc in Bapaume = 1.962 EUR

Edited by Don Regiano

Fuel here in Tipperary is 107 euro a litre. Diesel is the same.

Edited by museumtom

1 hour ago, museumtom said:

Fuel here in Tipperary is 107 euro a litre. Diesel is the same.

107???

That's  cheap. Must get my David Brown on the next ferry from Fishguard to fill up.

Near brighton, diesel 199.9 to 202.9 and unleaded 191.9 a litre. 

i filled up the defender today, and the family wagon and spent £170 on fuel :wacko: a couple of years ago that would have been around £110 to fill both of those 

• 1 month later...
On 07/07/2022 at 16:23, Dai Bach y Sowldiwr said:

That's  cheap. Must get my David Brown on the next ferry from Fishguard to fill up.

My first driving experience was on a David Brown 990 Selectomatic. It had foot-controlled valve dampers, and a cab that had DOORS. Very advanced machine for 1972 - the envy of all Meirionnyddshire. It ran on red diesel. We called it the Commie Tractor or the T34.

13 minutes ago, Dai Bach y Sowldiwr said:

My Skoda still does:lol:

Is that the 1972 model? It had those new-fangled pneumatic tyres as well as a modernised crank starter.

France wants to limit the fuel prices at 1.50€ per litre. In how far that is already actual... I don't know... 

I'll start crying when filling up the Iltis for its weekly (or two-weekly) outing... 

M.

interesting, it was €1.30 per litre when we were there 3 years ago, it was £1.30 in England, it reached £2.00 for a while here did it ever go higher then €1.50?

It went up to 1.95e for a while. Last week I paid 1.76e at Cora Limoges.

I was going to fill up at Leclerc in Bapaume today as unleaded is €1.53 but the fuel station in the centre of town had it at €1.417.  Musht be shome mishtake I thought but filled up anyway.  Car has managed to get us back to the house so doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the stuff.

8 minutes ago, Don Regiano said:

I was going to fill up at Leclerc in Bapaume today as unleaded is €1.53 but the fuel station in the centre of town had it at €1.417.  Musht be shome mishtake I thought but filled up anyway.  Car has managed to get us back to the house so doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the stuff.

It's not unusual to find that certain 'normal' stations are cheaper than the supermarkets.