Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Book Sale: Baptism of Fire The Royal Flying Corps at War: The First Year in France 1914-1915

alex revell

My book, Baptism of Fire, is now on sale at the reduced price of £14.95 Plus P&P The book has 14 chapters, an Aftermath Chapter, Chapter notes, three appendices, selected biographies, and  is fully indexed.  Printed on fine art paper, the book has 167 photographs and maps.  Full details and the excellent reviews are available on the website: www.wickfordbooks.co.uk 

BOF.jpg

This looks interesting and good luck with the venture,

As ever Alex Revell offers great analysis. If grea War aviotion is your thing then so is this book.

regards

Davis

Frajohn

Yes, I agree, but this is due to the vastly differing Vat rates across the EU. To set up to be able to send to EU is vastly expensive. So much for free trade:-) I find it amazing that in the EU books are Vat rated. No so in the UK. 

Regards

Alex  

In some EU countries books aren't VAT-rated, e.g. here in Ireland, but I think the problem that many UK-based exporters face is that there'd be a requirement to be VAT-registered in each EU member state in order to be compliant. The administrative overheads are too great for many smaller exporters such as publishers. (Cross & Cockade no longer sell outside the UK for example).

However, plenty of smaller UK bookshops still brave the customs forms etc. I've found that the postal service here regularly attempt to levy VAT or customs on zero-rated items such as books. (It only takes one 'they filled in the wrong checkbox on the right part of the export form' scenario in order for the purchaser to be required to take a day off work to queue somewhere to seek to apply for a VAT/customs rebate). Another minor headache is second hand books, which aren't necessarily zero-VAT rated. All in all I can see why many exporters and retailers would forgo the international sales option.