Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

How unlucky!!!!

big jar of wasps

I saw this medal on a dealers list, and thought how unlucky can you get. I wonder if anyone else has any similar tales of wow........

S16277 Pte M Cutherburtson 2nd Btn Queens Cameron Highlanders, to France 3/5/15, killed in action 8 days later 11/5/15, at Hill 60 by the same shell that killed his brother.

Sorry my sausage fingers have stuck again, this topic should read `How UNLUCKY`, thought I`d better point, that out before someone tells me, that this topic is in very bad taste. :(

I've just read through a dealers list and to say that he has strained my sense of incredulity is an understatement. Poetic license.

However, putting my cynical head aside, the Camerons story could be correct and it is a very unlucky one.

Chances are the information is correct.

Most of the Cameron medals that appeared in the GWM list were accompanied with a fair amount of research - local newspaper extracts etc.

I was fortunate enough to secure a couple of singles to local men, one killed in action at Loos, the other on the Somme after only two days in the trenches.

All the best,

Derek

Cheers Andy, as you can see, the topic name has changed, which I think you`ll agree is in better taste.

I heerd another sad tail about a Btn MO, who having toiled over the wounded for hours, stood, up the rest his back, and was shot threw the head by a sniper. Not sure which Btn he was MO for.

S16277 Pte M Cutherburtson 2nd Btn Queens Cameron Highlanders, to France 3/5/15, killed in action 8 days later 11/5/15, at Hill 60 by the same shell that killed his brother.

My maternal grandfather was with that battalion at the same time.