Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Researching family

14 1485 LEE

Hi all, i recently found out my great, great uncle died in 7ccs merville on 10/8/1916. He was pte14/1485 G. W. Lee, 14th y&l (barnsley pals) We have his death penny and two medals but believe he had a third that was taken to canada by a relative( possibly 80years ago) I don’t think it would be a star as he only served 16 having signed up in oct15. If anyone has any idea how i can find out any more info it would be much appreciated, cheers Gregg

I found the same Service Record via Ancestry. Having read it, I can see no award of any third medal. As you may be aware, his Medal Roll entry and MIC only show VM and BWM. I cannot see any award of a SWB.

Acknown

Thanks chaps, dont suppose you have any idea how i could find out where he was injured. I don’t believe they would cart him all the way from the somme to merville so im guessing la couture or fosse as they are very near merville and the pals were there when he died. This is what i have worked out so far, cheers gregg image.jpg.8eef5c84692f1cdae0f53c43d08fca74.jpg

• Michelle Young locked this topic