Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Conférence de l'école des gaz de combat - Conférences sur les lance-flammes (Lectures on Flamethrowers)

Baushawat

Hello everybody,

This is my first time ever using this website, so pardon me if I created this topic in the wrong section.

TL;DR : I am looking for archive "Record Group 165, File #MID 2314-C-90, U.S. National Archives" which I cannot find in vain.

I am looking for a file that apparently is, or at least used to be available in the U.S. National Archives.

I have been looking for this archive for months, thinking that no digitized version had been published publicly but recently found out in one of Thomas Wictor's posts (from February 2008, which is why I am afraid the archive is not available anymore) who discussed the outcome of the Wechselapparat flamethrower after the war. Here, he states the number of French flamethrowers produced during WW1 and gives his source: translated versions of the lectures !

Here is what I am looking for : "Record Group 165, File #MID 2314-C-90, U.S. National Archives"

Thank you so much in advance to anybody who help me in my quest !

Cordially,

Baushawat

I found Record Group 165, Records of the War Department General and Special Staffs, 1860 - 1952 https://catalog.archives.gov/id/494 but not the specific reference.

If you know the date of publication, you could redefine by date, or some other parameter https://catalog.archives.gov/search?q=*:*&f.ancestorNaIds=494&sort=naIdSort asc

Perhaps you could email the US National Archives and ask. Sometimes  catalogue references do change.

Maureen

They are from December 1920, but even with an advanced research, I couldn't find anything. I think I will have to resort to sending an email.