Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Online: Gallipoli 1915 : Bloody Ridge (Lone Pine) diary of Lt. Mehmed Fasih, 5th Imperial Ottoman Army

MaureenE

Available online at Internet Archive Books to Borrow. You need to read it online, download is not available (except maybe for persons registered as having a print disability)

Gallipoli 1915 : Bloody Ridge (Lone Pine) diary of Lt. Mehmed Fasih, 5th Imperial Ottoman Army.  Translated and edited by Hasan Basri Danişman. Second edition  2003. Transliteration first published 1997.

https://archive.org/details/gallipoli1915blo0000fasi/mode/2up 

Maureen

My Grandfather,   Cpl Bertie Henry Crick, 7th South Staffs served at Gallipoli until he was evacuated via the Greek Islands we think

it was Mudros, before arriving Egypt, for being made up then on to Ypres where in the trenches they relieved the Black Watch near

St Jan La Brique , where he was killed in action on 17th July 1917. He is buried in the CWG St Jan No2 military cemetery, aged 27.

Shell fire or sniper as their position was overlooked

Mate.

Thanks I'll see what he said.

I record him as;

Mülazim-i / Tegmen / Üstegmen    Lt    Mehmed Fasih Efendi    47th Regiment - 2Bn - 5Co        served at Gallipoli 1915 wrote book "Bloody ridge" to Brigadier:1945 to Maj Gen 1947 to Lt Gen 1953 retired August 18 1960

S.B

On 25/05/2022 at 14:18, MaureenE said:

Available online at Internet Archive Books to Borrow. You need to read it online, download is not available (except maybe for persons registered as having a print disability)

Gallipoli 1915 : Bloody Ridge (Lone Pine) diary of Lt. Mehmed Fasih, 5th Imperial Ottoman Army.  Translated and edited by Hasan Basri Danişman. Second edition  2003. Transliteration first published 1997.

https://archive.org/details/gallipoli1915blo0000fasi/mode/2up 

Maureen

Oh, I'm delighted to read that this is available. Extracts were included in Sarah Wallis and Svetlana Palmer's A War in Words (2003) and I've really wanted to read more.

Thanks for the noticification, Maureen!

sJ