Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

10th L.H. Regiment on 8-9 November 1917

Eran Tearosh

All,

Trying find a bit more about the 10th L.H. Regiment's actions on the above dates (In addition to the War Diary). 

I know of at least these three books of this regiment (Possibly more. probably something was written after the war): 

A Trooper’s Story – The 10th Australian Light Horse Regiment / by Edwards, Roger (published in 1993)

Westralian Cavalry in the War – The Story of the Tenth Light Horse Regiment / by Olden, A C N (published in 2001)

Gallipoli to Tripoli: History of the 10th Light Horse Regiment AIF 1914-1919 / by N. Browning & I. Gill (published 2013) 

if anyone has these books (Or any other publication), could you please photo or scan anything related to these dates (November 8-9, 1917) and PM to me?

Many thanks!

Eran

Mate,

A quick check of the libary finds finds these books

"The Great Ride" by Henry P Bostock

Ex 10th LHR and 3 LH Bde Scout Troop

He has a bit in there about this time pages 94 to 97 Beersheba to Jerusalem and Arak el Menshiye.

Most of the other books deal in general terms

Like "The operations in Egyptian Expreditionary force Oct 1917 to Dec 1917" by Army HQ (Army pubished,) AMF)

"Chauvel of the Light Horse" by AJ Hill.

"The Desert Column" by Idress

S.B

Earn,

I would suggest that the most comprehensive account of the operations of the 10th LH, (as well as the 9th LH) for those two days can be found in the War diary of the 3rd LH Bde for Nov 1917. All of the books mentioned draw upon the activities outlined in the diary to varying degrees. The 9th LH War diary also has a good account of the activities on those two days of November.

Jeff