Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Tank Corps in the Great War - Volume 1 - now available from Helion

delta

The first volume of a new Tank Corps history has been published by Helion. It's a hard back with a separate map booklet, 16 colour images, over 70 black and white contemporary photos and 21 supporting appendices.

It covers the Conception, Birth and Baptism of Fire from November 1914 to November 1916.  It concentrates on the units, the crewmen and their commanders, tactical development and the logistical difficulties experienced bringing a wholly new weapon system into being in less than a year.  There are detailed descriptions of every tank action in the autumn of 1916 and a series of battlefield guides to enable visitors to follow the tracks of the tanks. 

Five further volumes are planned over the next five years by other authors. 

Immediately available direct from the publishers, at £38.25 incl UK p&p, the first volume is also listed on other book selling sites.

Book cover .jpg

Edited by delta

Many congratulations on this great achievement Stephen - my order is already in and I'm very much looking forward to reading it!

With best wishes,

John

@deltaWell done and many congratulations Stephen. A fitting companion to First Tank Crews. Ordered and looking forward to reading it, and the other volumes in due course.

Regards, Paul

My copy arrived this morning. Most impressive, 400 pages of fantastically detailed history. Nice separate volume of really clear maps . Will start reading it at the weekend.

Any news on the other volumes? 

INW

Thanks for buying the book Ian 

We have an author's "zoom" meeting on 24 May - hope to be able to give you an update after that 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, delta said:

Very heartened to receive this review by the Chairman of the Military Historical Society which will be published in their autumn journal 

Many congratulations Stephen- richly deserved. My copy is with me - but it's a birthday present so I have to resist the temptation to peak (until October!). So really appreciate the reviews which are building my anticipation!