Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lawrence Harold Button (POW)

petet

I have the following information regarding Lawrence Harold Button (35 Squadron)

Can anyone provide his POW record and/or provide details so that I can fill in the blanks

• Captured: 09/08/1918
  • Imprisoned: ?
  • Repatriated: 29/01/1919

Any help would be much appreciated

Regards

PeteT

Thanks for the links .... his Casualty Card (RAF Museum) shows he was "Sick in Lazarette ....., but I can't decipher the location

Any thoughts?

Regards

PeteT

Have you seen his service record? https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/D8198319. Here is an extract:

BUTTON.JPG.cf09aac123f99c8b87f70e0e9ade8700.JPG

It seems he was admitted to Karlsruhe Camp on 27 Aug 18 and went to a hospital on 27 Dec 18, but I can't decipher the location. As he seems to have returned to England on 28 Jan 19, I presume that the hospital was on the continent. Others may do better.

Acknown

Edited by Acknown

7 minutes ago, Acknown said:

went to a hospital on 27 Dec 18,

42 Stationary Hospital

Charlie

I think all that brings it together, so thanks to all; I will now follow the same paths regarding Bertie Hall to see if I can get similar information for him

Regards

PeteT

On the subject of Bertie Hall, I now remember that  when I looked for his POW info on ICRC, all the "Hall" cards were missing. Tried again, but no luck ..... any thoughts on where I may be going wrong?

5 hours ago, petet said:

On the subject of Bertie Hall, I now remember that  when I looked for his POW info on ICRC, all the "Hall" cards were missing. Tried again, but no luck ..... any thoughts on where I may be going wrong?

You are not going wrong, the index cards are missing. The only Halls I have found were „chance“ finds in the lists.

Charlie