Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Researchers at the National Archives

Malcolm12hl

Can any Forum member recommend a researcher who could carry out some work for me at the National Archives?  I am just looking for somebody who can photograph documents for me, and I can provide exact document references.  Any tips would be most welcome.

Malcolm

Gentlemen, thank you for your help.

Malcolm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/05/2022 at 04:38, Felix C said:

Has anyone made contact with acre.com lately? Concerned for Mr. Richards. 

I tried contacting them in October or November this year, and never head back. Another user recently said that they also tried contacting them and never heard back. The website (https://www.arcre.com) is up and running, but I don't know whether anyone is looking after it... Does anybody know...? I'm also looking for a researcher, does anyone have any recommendation...? I know the NA has a long list of researchers, but I rather pick someone recommended in this forum instead of using the Eenie-Meenie-Miney-Moe technique. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Edit: I'd like to get a full digital copy (PDF or JPG) of my great-uncle Service Record. He probably joined the TA around 1911, and was in the Army until 1919 or 1920

Edited by Paul Y

I found this correspondence on WW2Talk Forum.

Perhaps you could post something similar, or if you are already a WW2 Talk Member you could send him a Personal Message through that system. If you are not already a WW2Talk member, I think you would need a certain number of posts before you were able to send a PM.

http://ww2talk.com/index.php?threads/how-can-i-place-an-order-on-rcre-document-copy-service.101714/#post-1029490

Maureen

I made contact with Lee since then(my post from late 2022) and received a number of files. As recently as a few weeks ago. 

Felix,

I have used the services of Simon Fowler@ www.history-man.co.uk several times with great success.

He is very experienced, knowledgeable and professional and I recommend him without reservation.

Regards,

JMB

Thank you Maureen, Felix and JMB... I think I'll try Simon Fowler, as the folks at arcre.com may be a bit too busy with regular customers to take in someone new.