Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

German Surname Help

NorthStaffsPOW

Hi all. I have come into possession of a number of feldpost letters and cards and POW correspondence between a Grenadier of the Kaiser Franz Grenadier Regiment Nr. 2 and his wife. 

I have tried to find him on the ICRC POW records but I think I have his name wrong. To me it looks like Robert SHILINGER?

Would anyone be able to help me with this?

Kind regards,

James

20220424_093816.jpg

It looks to be Stibinger to me.

Thats super. Thanks so much for the help guys. Robert's wife was indeed Else with the Karlshorst address. Thank you again. James.

• 1 year later...

Hey there.

I am a German art historian and historian residing in Munich.

I recently found this thread because I also have about 90 letters from Robert ans Else Stibinger for whom I established a family tree and transcribed the content. I was curious if you are still in possession of the letters and furthermore intrested in uniting them (buying/selling). I can provide fotos and/or text samples if you wish.

• Admin
1 hour ago, MATWittke said:

Hey there.

I am a German art historian and historian residing in Munich.

I recently found this thread because I also have about 90 letters from Robert ans Else Stibinger for whom I established a family tree and transcribed the content. I was curious if you are still in possession of the letters and furthermore intrested in uniting them (buying/selling). I can provide fotos and/or text samples if you wish.

Welcome to the GWF

@NorthStaffsPOW last visited us in May we would appreciate if you want to negotiate you use the Personal Message system, for which you need two posts.

Reply to this and you're done.  Then click on the name and a box 'message' appears click on that and compose your message, If still using the registered email my tag or your message will alert them.

In the meantime if you want to share any images etc of this soldier I am sure members will be interested.

Thank you very much @kenf48, that initially was my intention but I was worried by the message "You can send 0 messages today". Thanks for clearing things up and the warm welcome =)

1 minute ago, MATWittke said:

Thank you very much @kenf48, that initially was my intention but I was worried by the message "You can send 0 messages today". Thanks for clearing things up and the warm welcome =)

Hello,

You need a few posts before you can send personal messages. That's probably why it didn't work.

Jan