Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Hilliard-Lieutenant R.D.F Hilliard Royal Dublin Fusiliers

BrilliantPower2

Hi I was just wondering if anyone would have any information on Second Lieutenant R.F Hillard 8th battalion Royal Dublin Fusiliers.I recently bought his musketry book.It has his name both listed as 8th Battalion Royal Dublin Fusiliers and 7th Battalion Leinster Regiment.There seems to be some us of biro on this book which matches the of ink seen for the leinster regiment writing.Im not sure if this is someone writing in it after or if I'm mistaken about the biro.

Any help would be much appreciated 

Thanks.

received_354996759774141.jpeg

received_4064143457022018.jpeg

received_991036364833500.jpeg

Edited by BrilliantPower2

I would respectfully suggest you change the title thread to HILLIARD - always makes it easier when searching!

M

Edit:  Here is his commissioning London Gazette https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/29328/page/10161 

The Royal Dublin Fusiliers. The undermentioned to be temporary Second Lieutenants: — Dated 7th October, 1915. Richard Franklin Hilliard".

MIC [for a 1914-15 Star, BWM & VM] has him entering France,18.12.15 - Address: 25 Lower New St, Killarney, Ireland at 18.3.20

Edited by Matlock1418
edit

• BrilliantPower2 changed the title to Hilliard-Lieutenant R.D.F Hilliard Royal Dublin Fusiliers