Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

COOPER, Ernest, M2/099829, Pte, Army Service Corps - Died 5 Sept 1919 = Now to be commemorated

Matlock1418

I am pleased to report that a case submitted in October 2021 has been accepted and is to be added to the CWGC database "in due course".

COOPER, Ernest, M2/099829, Pte, ASC - his service papers survive as do MIC, Medal Roll, SWB record, Pension Cards, Hospital admission & discharge - Death Certificate and a burial record

Service from:19/5/15

Served: France, Salonika, Italy

Discharged: 30-12-18, KR392 xvi, General Paralysis of the Insane - aged 24 - Condition recorded as Aggravated by service [attributed to Syphilis & Sunstroke]

SWB No: B70978

Pension: Claimed - address given as 62 Goodfellow St, Tunstall [Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire]

Died: 5 Sept 1919, General Paralysis of the Insane, Cheddleton Assylum [admited for treatment after discharge]

Buried: Tunstall Cemetery BBa1

I look forward to Ernest COOPER being commemorated on the CWGC website - and perhaps his grave too?

M

• Matlock1418 changed the title to COOPER, Ernest, M2/099829, Pte, Army Service Corps - Died 5 Sept 1919 = Now to be commemorated

I am pleased to learn that your submission was successful. Another soldier will be commemorated!

All the best,

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent, well done. Evelyn