Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

French Honour Statement

julia jeffries

Good Afternoon

I know the mods are keen that we use official sources for information on travel regulations but my question is potentially about processes that we no longer need to adhere to which aren't always detailed.

Can anybody provide a link that states whether French Honour Statements need to be completed now. The Euroshuttle website now seems to sugges that the only documentation required is the Vaccination Certificate. 

I have looked at the FCO and various French government websites and honour certificates are not mentioned but maybe they never were.

Thanks in advance.

Julia

I had an email yesterday from the FCO with updated requitements for entry to France. Trouble is, it doesn't specify what the update is but rather leaves you to work it out. It does, however, say that the update is in the "entry requirements" section. On going to that, you find that the bit about the honour form is no longer there. It certainly was in the past, so one could interpret that as meaning that it isn't needed any more.

Yes. That is the issue.

We have decided to prefill them in (apart from the date and signature bit), print them off etc so they are ready if needed.

We are trying to do the right thing and respect their rules but it is confusing especially as we wI'll only be in France briefly end route to Ypres.

Julia

Eurotunnel still asking for it to be uploaded (for our forthcoming trip)

"Statement of honour

Available from: interieur.gouv.fr. You must also bring this document with you to present to the border authorities."

Probably best just to do it on a "just in case" basis. It's not too onerous and doesn't cost anything. And if you don't do it who's to say they won't reintroduce it with little or no notice, especially with case numbers as they are.

• Admin

I’m going to do one, just in case. 

Good Evening All

We went to France on the 20th of March 2022 via the tunnel with a copy of the Declaration of Honour form, The NHS app and Passport. The kept the Declaration form, did nor check the NHS app but stamped our passports. But to be on the safe side have all three just in case they want to look at them. No checks coming back via the tunnel..

Regards

Andy

As from 31st March France considers the UK as a "Green" country, as such the Declaration of Honour no longer applies, certificate of vaccination does still apply.

For the French regulations see:

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918?fbclid=IwAR0vt-GqtHXqazC2oi3zmd5ZB0yeErK6gP64r_ktMVRILrAZVZQj9iibRJ4#t1-Travelling-from-the-UK-to-France

Eurotunnel, IMHO is not a reliable source of information. At the moment they arevstill saying that travelling to the UK a Passenger Location Form is still required. When in fact no paperwork is required for that direction of travel.

John

1 hour ago, Frajohn said:

Eurotunnel, IMHO is not a reliable source of information. At the moment they arevstill saying that travelling to the UK a Passenger Location Form is still required. When in fact no paperwork is required for that direction of travel.

I think they are gradually catching up.  On my on-line booking for my next journey, they are saying that the details required for the return journey to Folkestone are complete i.e. no documentation at all is required but for the outward journey they are asking me for vaccination status and statement of honour.  I guess the requirement to upload the latter will be dropped by the time we actually go.  Thus as Frajohn says, only the vaccination status is required.  I've already printed off the vaccination status and Declaration so will have them all with us anyway.  Interesting that we are now "Green" despite our record number of covid cases!

Just returned via France and it was mentioned by the Leger feeder drivers, to have one filled in but despite the French won’t even look at them.  If you don’t one, the Stop 24 Staff will have copies.  

On the travel instructions it stated ‘it’s your responsibility’ to have the correct forms etc but in the end we lose 4 people from my coach who had only 2 jabs instead of the 3 or did not have the covid passes

in the end it wasn’t even asked for by the tunnel staff or French police. 

Good morning.

Thanks for all the feedback and links.

We are going to upload our Covid certificates onto the Euroshuttle website and also take hard copies of everything including the Belgian form, then at least we know we have done everything that is in our control.

We will be staying at the Ariane and they have assured us that they will point us to the right government website should things change.

Crossing our fingers that the situation in Dover has improved by Thursday and the Shuttle is not too chaotic.  Those poor lorry drivers.

In the summer we are going to France for 5 weeks and taking the hound - can't wait to try to unravel that. 

Best wishes to all of you making plans to travel.  We have made annual trips to Ypres for 20 odd years and of all the things we have missed, this was right up there.

Julia

Julia, good luck with  the hound. we are trying to work around the paperwork at the moment. The vets are not sure and prices are ridiculous, compared to pre brexit crossings.

I would be interested to hear how things are in Ypres when you return. It looks as though the Last Post ceremony is pretty well back to normal attendance numbers, judging by the videos on their website.  

As I expected, Eurotunnel are now asking for an upload of covid vaccination details only for travel to France.  No other documents required and none for the return trip.

14 hours ago, Don Regiano said:

As I expected, Eurotunnel are now asking for an upload of covid vaccination details only for travel to France.  No other documents required and none for the return trip.

The French gave up on the Honour form a couple of weeks ago.

16 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Three hour delays reported on Eurotunnel today.

I hope that is because of the train stopped in the tunnel.  Or, should I say, I hope the delays clear pretty fast!

Just a quick update.

Apart from the route Google map took us to avoid Operation Brock which was actually really good. - 3;5 hours from Leicestershire, all went smoothly,

The customs point between Franice and Belgium on the road to Poperinge was seemingly unmanned and no checks made.

Glad to be back, the area outside the church/cathedeal is being dug up and there seem to be new bars etc.

2 hours ago, julia jeffries said:

Just a quick update.

Apart from the route Google map took us to avoid Operation Brock which was actually really good. - 3;5 hours from Leicestershire, all went smoothly,

The customs point between Franice and Belgium on the road to Poperinge was seemingly unmanned and no checks made.

Glad to be back, the area outside the church/cathedeal is being dug up and there seem to be new bars etc.

There haven't been any Customs between France and Belgium (on the roads) since..............................................................

Further Update.

Journey home went smoothly apart from trying to work out the total wine allowances for 3 people in Auchan in Calais!

We have been stopped at the border crossing on the Poperinge road (along with every else) - they checked everyone's car boot rather than documentation.

Julia

4 hours ago, julia jeffries said:

We have been stopped at the border crossing on the Poperinge road (along with every else) - they checked everyone's car boot rather than documentation.

Julia

They were looking for someone or something. Customs checks were abandone well over 20 years ago, and on side roads, mostly in the 1970s.