Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Off to the Somme for the Easter holiday...

Max Poilu

Leave tomorrow morning for a week on the Somme - if anyone is around we should hopefully be in the Tommy Saturday afternoon/early evening. I'll be with my wife and two year old little boy. :)

Lucky man Giles :D

Say Hi to St Quentin, Mennessis or Failleouel for me if you pass mate - was hoping to be there myself but cant go now :(

Have a superb trip!

Steve

Hi

I am there from 28th to 31st and will be in Tommies! Hope to see you. I am there with my 14 year old son!

Tony

Back everyone!

Did get to the Tommy but had to leave early - best laid plans and all that go out the window with a 2 year old in tow...

Sorry to miss anyone - Paul, good to meet you and your family on the Sunday. :)

Anyway, had a fantastic week with some wonderful weather and picnics in the battlefields. Had a nose around the trench excavation at Thiepval and a chat to the archeologists - seemed a very professional job. Ted had the SMLE in his garage that came out of the ground - amazing condition.

Albert fair was not bad this year - actually found a few bargains and a beautiful Besozzi - been searching for a nice example for years.

Leaving the fields in beautiful sunshine as per this morning gets harder every visit...