Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WFA - new "web-based portal which enables members and non-members to use our new ‘TrenchMapper’ "

TullochArd

" 'TrenchMapper' by The Western Front Association The Western Front Association is delighted to announce a major new initiative which we are certain will be of great interest to everyone who has an interest in the First World War.

We have today (28 March) launched a web-based portal which enables members and non-members to use our new ‘TrenchMapper’ to interact with and also download thousands of trench maps, images, and sketches that were created during or immediately after the Great War.

TrenchMapper covers mostly the British held sector of the western front, but we also have maps of Gallipoli and the UK, with hopefully other fronts to be added in future releases."

If you are not a member, the WFA invites you to (limited) access to TrenchMapper from the front page of the WFA's website or via the button below. 

The Western Front Association Mapping Portal

2 hours ago, TullochArd said:

" 'TrenchMapper' by The Western Front Association The Western Front Association is delighted to announce a major new initiative which we are certain will be of great interest to everyone who has an interest in the First World War.

We have today (28 March) launched a web-based portal which enables members and non-members to use our new ‘TrenchMapper’ to interact with and also download thousands of trench maps, images, and sketches that were created during or immediately after the Great War.

TrenchMapper covers mostly the British held sector of the western front, but we also have maps of Gallipoli and the UK, with hopefully other fronts to be added in future releases."

If you are not a member, the WFA invites you to (limited) access to TrenchMapper from the front page of the WFA's website or via the button below. 

The Western Front Association Mapping Portal

Thanks for mentioning this. GWF users may wish to check the guidance videos which can be seen here

Thanks for this resource, received my email this morning informing me about this. Have watched a few of the introductory videos and look forward to using the resource. Had a very quick look on the WFA site this morning but think the world and his chum are also having a look as the site was a little slow, either that or my WiFi is playing up again.

Have been a WFA Member now for many years and really believe that what I get in exchange for the annual membership fee is immeasurable in helping me with my local research and interests as well as other wider membership benefits.

Well done the WFA.

Regards

Peter