Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Richard Cook

Frank Flanders

About PRIVATE RICHARD COOK Service Number: 32968, 1st Bn. Bedfordshire Regiment,

15th Bd 5th Division who died 10 May 1917 and who is buried at WIMEREUX COMMUNAL CEMETERY.

I would like to find out when exactly he was wounded and then admitted to one of the (many) hospitals in the Boulogne-Wimereux area.  The WD of his battalion gives at least 3 periods in April-May 1917 where it may have happened.   Where could I find more?

I don't know if there's a surviving service record.

Who can help me in this?  THANKS

Edited by Frank Flanders

There appears to be something of a service record for him on FMP. I can't see the original but the way it's indexed I'd say it's a Sick/Wounded list or similar rather than his service record.

It may relate to the April-May 1917 event but these lists also have minor ailments listed.

TEW

The thread title is regarding Richard Brooks, but the first post is about Richard Cook.

Which is correct?

Martin

Puzzled by the thread title of "Richard BROOKS"

???

M

Edit: @toorock - we crossed!

Edited by Matlock1418
edit

1 hour ago, TEW said:

There appears to be something of a service record for him on FMP. I can't see the original but the way it's indexed I'd say it's a Sick/Wounded list or similar rather than his service record.

It may relate to the April-May 1917 event but these lists also have minor ailments listed.

TEW

indeed I noticed this too. Someone is looking for this since I have no acces to FOW.  Thanks

51 minutes ago, tootrock said:

The thread title is regarding Richard Brooks, but the first post is about Richard Cook.

Which is correct?

Martin

you're right, edited now, it's Cook

• Frank Flanders changed the title to Richard Cook
51 minutes ago, Matlock1418 said:

Puzzled by the thread title of "Richard BROOKS"

???

M

Edit: @toorock - we crossed!

corrected now. thx 

4 hours ago, Frank Flanders said:

PRIVATE RICHARD COOK Service Number: 32968, 1st Bn. Bedfordshire Regiment,

Unfortunately his Pension cards at WFA do not specify his place of wounding or death - just Wounds received in action.

Widow: Florence Edith COOK84 Lucy Rd, Bermondsey, London SE 1 got a standard £5 funeral grant and a standard widow's pension of 13/9 pw from 12.11.17

M