Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Maidstone War Memorials

Janet Graves

If anyone can send me photos of War Memorials in Maidstone, including the names listed, I would  be very grateful.  I can return the favour for anyone who wants photos from Bexhill, Hastings Eastbourne and Pevensey areas.  Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I have a copy of  the second edition of "Maidstone Peace Souvenir", a 34 page hard-cover publication printed and published by the South Eastern Gazette in 1919. It describes itself as "a record of the part played by the County Town of Kent in the Great War, with an account of Armistice Day Celebrations, Thanksgiving Services and Peace Day Festivities." It also has the Rolls of Honour for Maidstone and surrounding villages, and details of the deaths of a number of locals (mainly officers). I am happy to look up any names and/or send any relevant images.

The  main Maidstone War Memorial in Brenchley Gardens has no names on it.

Thank you gor your kind offer of help.  George Leswell Richsrdson,  Henry             George Richardson and possibly John Richardson, though he is not a brother but might be a cousin, I’m still researching him.  George and Henry died a few days apart during the first battle of Ypres in 1914.  My thanks again, Janet 

If anyone is interested here is an image taken from "Maidstone Peace Souvenir", published by the South Eastern Gazette in 1919.

It has the Rolls of Honour for Maidstone and surrounding villages, and details of the deaths of a number of locals (mainly officers). As I said I am happy to look up any names and/or send any relevant images.

IMG_1021.jpg

The image just popped up.  Thank you.Thank you gor your kind offer of help.  George Leswell Richsrdson,  Henry             George Richardson and possibly John Richardson, though he is not a brother but might be a cousin, I’m still researching him.  George and Henry died a few days apart during the first battle of Ypres in 1914.  My thanks again, Janet