Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cap Badge explanation please!

andrew pugh

Good evening all hope you are all well

Could anybody explain the following to me in layman's language please.

Its taken from a letter from the JCCC concerning a case put forward by the late Richard Loughton. The case was refused by the JCCC, but A good friend and I are sure it is a wrong decision. I will explain at a later date once we are sure with our evidence. 

Quote; This may have arisen from the fact the cap badges worn by 22nd  (County of London) Battalion, The Queens. and 24th (County of London) Battalion, The Queens of the London Regiment were the same as worn by The Queens (Royal West Surrey Regiment). It was also considered that confusion could have arisen with the 21st (County of London) Battalion. 1st Surrey Rifles of the London Regiment or with the East Surrey Regiment,. Although they did not share a cap badge with The Queens (Royal West Surrey Regiment). I'm confused could someone explain please.

Kind Regards

Andy

6 minutes ago, andrew pugh said:

Good evening all hope you are all well

Could anybody explain the following to me in layman's language please.

Its taken from a letter from the JCCC concerning a case put forward by the late Richard Loughton. The case was refused by the JCCC, but A good friend and I are sure it is a wrong decision. I will explain at a later date once we are sure with our evidence. 

Quote; This may have arisen from the fact the cap badges worn by 22nd  (County of London) Battalion, The Queens. and 24th (County of London) Battalion, The Queens of the London Regiment were the same as worn by The Queens (Royal West Surrey Regiment). It was also considered that confusion could have arisen with the 21st (County of London) Battalion. 1st Surrey Rifles of the London Regiment or with the East Surrey Regiment,. Although they did not share a cap badge with The Queens (Royal West Surrey Regiment). I'm confused could someone explain please.

Kind Regards

Andy

I’m not surprised, it is confusing.  Without a full and proper explanatory context to consider it’s impossible to give you a meaningful answer.  I’ll post images of each badge so you can see. 

22nd and 24th (County of London) London Regiment (Queen’s).

NB.  All brass badge issued 1916.

A31243CB-FB3D-4D0A-B29D-97AE8FA20DE9.jpeg

21st (County of London) The London Regiment (First Surrey Rifles).

B291B031-1CB5-4235-94F6-80CD56B58F80.jpeg

The East Surrey Regiment.

FE0C0D1D-CE25-464D-9028-A490A56FD3D8.jpeg

Hi Frogsmile

Thank you for replying. I will get back to you via PM soon. Once again Thank you for now.

Kind Regards

Andy

19 minutes ago, andrew pugh said:

Hi Frogsmile

Thank you for replying. I will get back to you via PM soon. Once again Thank you for now.

Kind Regards

Andy

The only common denominator is the County of Surrey.