Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Musketry

Rock

A freind has a family cup to Sergeant T E.Flewett D.S.C.C. Muskerty 30th September 1916.Would anyone know what is the D.S.C.C. please.T E Flewett was later commissioned in the Royal Dublin Fusiliers as a 2nd Lieutenant

• Admin

Dublin School(s) Cadet Corps?

43 minutes ago, Michelle Young said:

Dublin School(s) Cadet Corps?

Spot on -- image below from the Dublin Evening Mail 30th December 1916 (courtesy of Find My Past)

DSCC.jpg

DSCC 2.jpg

Are you aware that Thomas Edmund Flewett had a career in the Army, serving in both world wars and rising to the rank of Colonel?

He retired to Heronford, Rathmichael, Shankill, County Dublin. The newspaper, Dublin Evening Mail (21st August 1957) carries the report of his house destryed by fire. Part images of the report below (courtesy of Find My Past)

Flewett house fire 1.jpg

Flewett house fire.jpg

40 minutes ago, Allan1892 said:

Are you aware that Thomas Edmund Flewett had a career in the Army, serving in both world wars and rising to the rank of Colonel?

He retired to Heronford, Rathmichael, Shankill, County Dublin. The newspaper, Dublin Evening Mail (21st August 1957) carries the report of his house destryed by fire. Part images of the report below (courtesy of Find My Past)

Flewett house fire 1.jpg

Flewett house fire.jpg

It’s palpable what a disaster that was for the poor fellow.  If he wasn’t insured I imagine he must have been ruined.  I wonder what happened to him.

2 hours ago, FROGSMILE said:

I wonder what happened to him.

He was still alive in November 1963, living in the same area, giving evidence in a court case. Seems to have disappeared after that.

Thank you both.  I hope that he managed to lead a relatively comfortable life in his final years.