Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Unknown military switch box

1st AIF

Does anyone know what this might be? It is military and comes from a large collection of WW1 and WW2 stuff.

5617370.jpg

Look for a 1920s date, if it comes from where I am thinking of.

On 17/02/2022 at 12:51, Chasemuseum said:

Look for a 1920s date, if it comes from where I am thinking of.

It's up for auction, I inspected it and could see no id markings. What do you think?

I am assume that it's part of Rod B's estate. He showed me through a lot of his collection back in about 2003 and I thought I saw it at that time and that it had a 1920s date. Rod thought that it was a time control switch to fire mines but I was not convinced.

I went down to Melbourne last month for the viewing but they were too disorganized and I could only look at a very small number of lots, so I had to prioritize on a few items.

Cheers

Ross

Additionally, I have had  a little bit of success at the sale with a wooden training lock for the MG08

2093147152_MG08traininglock.png.81df2c7cb8beab35cae5adc97e10e945.png

Nice! Thanks for the info. Yes is it is Rod Bellars and I have been indulging in a bit of a spree. Unbelievable collection and it has forced me to google all sorts of things to find out what the items could be. I'd like to get in touch with you as I am bidding on some of the artillery. 

• 10 months later...

Sirs where are the details of such auctions and sales please?  I am searching for a few individual 08 and 08/15 items still.

Thanks

Mark

This was a series of auctions run by Lloyds Auctions at Altona - an industrial suburb of Melbourne Australia.

The next auctions are in January 2023, but all of Rod Bellars gear has now been sold. The coming auctions are mostly WW2 and latter.

https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/AuctionDetails.aspx?stype=1&stypeid=8&aid=37657&pgn=1&pgs=15

and

https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/AuctionDetails.aspx?stype=1&stypeid=8&aid=37589&pgn=1&pgs=15

Back in February there were a very large number of 08/15s sold together with a few 08s, lots of LMW 16 a couple of m16 Granatenwerfer and a lot of 77mm c96 nA and a wide selection of other WW1 field guns.

Cheers

Ross

Have sent a PM with realized prices from three of the auctions attached

Cheers

Ross

18 minutes ago, Chasemuseum said:

Lloyds Auctions

A word of caution. Lloyds are honest, but they have largely no idea of what they are doing. You need to use the photos and not rely on their descriptions.

In the latest auctions there are a couple of web P08 tool head carriers that have been converted from P37 carriers. Llyods have absolutely no idea of the difference between a P08 web tool carrier and one converted from a P37, so don't blame them if you are unhappy with a purchase. Get extra photos or get someone local to go have a look.

This is not like buying from Marlows or C&T.  But then the prices are typically very much lower.

ImageNotAvailable.jpg

One of the more interesting lots in the coming auctions, a German 10.5cm LFH m17. Unfortunately the rest of the gun has already come through previous auctions.

Edited by Chasemuseum
speliing errors