Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Revival: Antic Disposition's GW-themed production of Henry V, Bath & London

seaJane

This production is set as if performed in a hospital during the Great War; French and British patients take up their roles on the appropriate sides. Additional words by A.E. Housman are set to music as the soundtrack, and the war breaks in to the Shakespeare production at appropriate places.

https://www.anticdisposition.co.uk/henry-v-2022

I've now seen it twice, first in Norwich Cathedral and then in Winchester Cathedral, and I'm determined to go and see it in either Bath Abbey or the Temple Church London if I possibly can. It's very well done and very, very moving.

sJ

Edited by seaJane

• seaJane changed the title to Revival: Antic Disposition's GW-themed production of Henry V, Bath & London
  • 3 months later...

Sadly, missed this production of Henry V when it was performed in Durham Cathedral a few years ago even though I had tickets.

The Temple Church is a highly appropriate space in which to perform V, although, given its relatively small size I would imagine that tickets are hard to come by.

Unfortunately, can’t make it to London on those dates but we did see a truly excellent performance of Henry at the Donmar Warehouse last month which starred Kit Harrington. It included an astonishingly realistic scene where Bardolf is hanged and even managed to get through that interminable  genealogical bit at the beginning of the play without sending me to sleep.