Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Additional Rededication Services in March 2022

jaykayu

The MOD released an updated list today for rededication services in March.  Link

Tuesday 8 March 2022
9.45am at Vichte Military Cemetery, Belgium; Pte Leonard George Holiday of 15th (Hampshire Yeomanry) Battalion, Hampshire Regiment

11.15am at Heestert Miitary Cemetry, Belgium; LCpl Owen James Munday of 15th (Hampshire Yeomanry) Battalion, Hampshire Regiment

2.30pm at Kandahar Farm Cemetery, Belgium; Spr Stanley Evelyn Barnden of 17th Field Company, Royal Engineers

Thursday 10 March 2022
10.30am at Nieppe Bois (Rue-du-Bois) British Cemetery, France; Cpl Frederick Herbert Skinner of 11th Battalion, East Yorkshire Regiment

2.30pm at Pont-du-Hem Military Cemetery, France; 2Lt Sam Hughes and CSM David Jones, DCM, of 10th Battalion, Welsh Regiment

Tuesday 22 March 2022
10.15am at Prospect Hill Cemetery, Gouy, France; 2Lt David Bell of 13th (Scottish Horse) Bn. Black Watch (Royal Highlanders)

1.00pm at London Cemetery, Neuville Vitasse, France; Cpl Alexander Moyes (Mayes) Thayne of the 2nd Dragoons, Royal Scots Greys.

Wednesday 23 March 2022
9.30am at Pont du Hem Military Cemetery, La Gorgue, France; Company Quartermaster Serjeant Charles John Niven of the 6th Gordon Highlanders.

12.00pm at Delsaux Farm Cemetery, Beugny, France; Company Sergeant Major (CSM) William Henry Bax of 2nd Battalion, Ox & Bucks Light Infantry.

2.30pm hrs at A.I.F Burial Ground, Flers, France; of Cpl William Lionel Court of 19th (Queen Alexandra’s Own Royal) Hussars.

Hi Jay

Wednesday 23rd March 2022 Delasaux Farm is one of mine, thanks for the reminder. There is also one scheduled for the 5th or 6th April in Lebucquiere Cemetery Sgt James Gration DCM, London Rifle Brigade , Artist Rifles killed on the 24/03/1918.

Regards

Andy

33 minutes ago, andrew pugh said:

Hi Jay

Wednesday 23rd March 2022 Delasaux Farm is one of mine, thanks for the reminder. There is also one scheduled for the 5th or 6th April in Lebucquiere Cemetery Sgt James Gration DCM, London Rifle Brigade , Artist Rifles killed on the 24/03/1918.

Regards

Andy

Thanks Andy, and great work!

• 2 weeks later...

Fourteen rededications in the space of two weeks is certainly a bumper crop!

Congratulations to Andy for his successful case. Does anyone know how many of these cases are attributable to Richard Laughton's marvellous efforts?

• 3 weeks later...

Additional rededication's for April.

Andy. are you attending either of the two men's services you helped identify?

Tuesday 5 April 2022

10.30am at Arras Road Cemetery; Lt Wilfred Piercy of 1/17th The London Regiment (Poplar and Stepney Rifles).

2.30pm at Dud Corner Cemetery; Rfm Albert Sleet of 1/8th The London Regiment (Post Office Rifles).

Wednesday 6 April 2022

10.30am at Lebucquiere Communal Cemetery Extension; Sjt James Gration of 2/5th The London Regiment (London Rifle Brigade) attached 1/28th Battalion The London Regiment (Artists’ Rifles).

On 18/02/2022 at 12:19, MelPack said:

Fourteen rededications in the space of two weeks is certainly a bumper crop!

Congratulations to Andy for his successful case. Does anyone know how many of these cases are attributable to Richard Laughton's marvellous efforts?

Looking at the pinned post at the top of this section, it does open the files to see if they have anything to do with Richard Laughton’s

• 2 weeks later...

I went past Guillemont Road cemetery on Wednesday, 23 March at about 11am and noticed that there appeared to be a ceremony about to begin with a few military people among the relatively small number of people outside the cemetry wall.  Unfortunately, I couldn't stop and on my return the ceremony had finished.  I did a quick check (CWGC etc) but couldn't find any reference to anything taking place there.  The nearest "event" that day was at AIF cemetery in Flers.

Any ideas of what it was about at Guillemont Road?