Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Going out to Zonnebeke !!

Marilyne

Hi all, 

Wonders do exist... one march which is not cancelled is the War Memories Walk in Zonnebeke next week (30 january)

I don't have the tracks (yet), so I can't tell you for sure where we'll go, apart from the fact that we're starting from Spoorlijn 64 café and then walk 26km. But I'll venture a guess that Buttes, Polygon wood and Tyne Cot will be on the way. If I get the tracks, you'll be the first to hear about the cemeteries we'll pass... 

If you need any picture from the area, or something from the Zonnebeke museum, please let me know, I'll do my best to get it for you. 

Have a great sunday, 

Marilyne

FIRST UPDATE : Got a first look at the map and we'll be passing TYNE COT and DOCHY FARM ... 

need to check for more details. 

M.

Do you pass any waffle outlets? Just asking for a friend.........

Sorry... don't think so! 

I've got a friend who's on a diet and we have a no-waffle policy... :D:D:D

M.

Still no takers for pics?? 

I confirm that the tracks will bring us from Zonnebeke museum parc to 87th Bn Memorial, Canada Gate up Crest Farm, Tyne Cot, Dochy Farm and the New Zealand Memorial. 

M.

1 hour ago, Marilyne said:

the New Zealand Memorial.

If you are on the Bellvue spur can you photograph the view back to Crest Farm and do me one of the NZ Memorial at S'Gravenstafel? One looking back down the length of the spur would be really helpful too. I owe you a waffle.

Pete.

You are a star. Four of my Kiwi footballers fell fighting their way up that slope so it is very important to me. I hope to retrace their route one day.

Pete.