Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Winter visits to Vimy and Beaumont-Hamel ?

angelab

I am in France at the moment, with visitors from Belgium whose child has been learning about WWI, so they would be interested to show him some sites. 

I know the visitor centres for Vimy and Beaumont-Hamel are currently closed for winter, but are the open-air sites themselves (trenches etc) still accessible?   I have looked on the Canadian Veterans' website, but the information is dated several years ago, and I want to avoid a lengthy yet fruitless journey.

I did reply but checked your post again, the Canadian veterans dated 7th October 2021, so not that long ago, the site being updated 14th December 2021

Partial activities

Visitors may continue to access the monuments and trails at the Canadian National Vimy Memorial and Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial. The visitor centres are temporarily closed and there are no guided tours for the time being. In the meantime, we invite you to download self-guided tour maps or take a virtual tour of our sites.

Your patience is appreciated. We will update this page as more information becomes available.

Edited by chaz
dates