Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

RAMC enlistment date

verdun

Looks like one of those TF numbers repeated in quite a lot of units.

Theres a record on Lives of the FirstWorld War including a photo.

This bit of text is included:

Percy remembered on John Ashley Stinton's website.: a small gallery to Percy on website www.dennisstinton      (.co.uk) . Ex senior taxman: Born. June 1896 Worcester.Died 1956 Rowley Regis Birmingham. Percy served 2 years with the RAMC during WW1. Later working for the Revenue of taxes in Wolverhampton.

THe part of the medal roll he appears on looks like it has a page for a 'section' ie a Sergeant, Cpl and several Ptes.

Just possible that by looking at others on the page to see if they have surviving records, you may get some clues?

Ah- shortcut- I see Stinton has a Pension Card with the number 435512 on it. That will help trace his unit and thus find similar men. I believe he was suffering from Malaria.

the 435500 series were isued to the South Midlands Field Ambulance for the 1917 TF Renumbering (makes sense if he was from KingsNorton).

890/2476/435551 has an attestation date 17/11/14- edit but when was his number revised to 2476? - see below

so 2402/435512 would be just before that.

EDIT- Hold on- I need to check a few more.............

1993/2399/435510 attested 19/8/1914 so there seems to have been an earlier renumbering in 1914/15 which makes life difficult.

-/2393/435505 enlisted 2/11/15 (no previous number)

So I suggest a Nov 1915 date is appropriate for number 2402 and 1st Sth Midlands FA but he could have enlisted earlier under another number like some of the above !!

Edited by charlie962
making sense of near numbers.