Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

HANDSTREICH!--limited time only $2.99 The Disastrous German Sneak Attack on Liège ---Kindle Edition

joerookery

The Schlieffen Plan in World War One did not start with the bang of opposing armies and flanking forces. Rather, it began with a relatively paltry sneak attack of six brigades also known as a coup de main. This small force was tasked to open the way into Belgium that was obstructed by the fortress at Liège. Conducting an unrehearsed attack, at night, in the pouring rain, with untrained soldiers turned out to be a bit much for the highly regarded German army. This English language account of the events of the sneak attack relies heavily upon references from both the German and the Belgian army. It is confounding and unimaginable as you walk through the attack with the Germans. The German Great General Staff had years to plan this. Yet, some basic realities were ignored. Get comfortable and prepare to take a journey to a little known or discussed event at the beginning of the war. This coup de main is known by its German name…HANDSTREICH!

Our last book was given the Tomlinson book award for the best book on World War I in the English language 2020. While that sounds good, the publisher priced it out of this world. So we decided to self publish this one and keep the price low. The paperback should be out in a few days. But here is a chance to buy it internationally for pretty cheap. It is on Amazon UK etc. Hope you enjoy this little known story as much as we enjoyed writing it and sending a lot of records straight. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09L5FFF9M

Front-Good-Spelling.jpg

Joe,

Good to see you on the forum and the new book appears fascinating. I trust you and your wife are keepin fit and well. Sadly the book seems available in only in a kindle edition in the UK. Since I do not kindle, windle or dingle is a printed version available either from you in the US or will it become available in book form in the U.K. in due course?

Best regards

Davi

The printed book should be available in the UK and elsewhere in a few days. I was hoping for today but no such luck. There is a problem with the print on the spine of all things. You are on my list David to get a review copy when this gets all sorted out. But I fear that the international postage Will be a slow as a mermaid. Self publishing is interesting. I don't think I did a great job getting rid of a lot of the white space but at least I was able to keep the cost low compared to the last publishing endeavor.

Thank you Johnboy I did not know either.

You do not need a kindle to read this. They will send you an application and you can read it on your PC.

HANDSTREICH___The_Disastrous_German_Sneak_Attack_on_Liège__Robinson__Joe__Robinson__Janet__Gilbert__Randal__9798760551634__Amazon_com__Books.png